Everyone at Ealing has the same responsibility to uphold our values of Excellence, Inclusiveness, Sportsmanship and Safety. This applies to Parents as much as it does to Volunteers.
Disciplinary Procedures For Players
- In the event that a child’s persistent behaviour becomes disruptive and affects the playing or training environment, the age group team is required to bring this to the attention of the Mini or Youth Chairmen.
- A meeting will be called with the playing child’s parents in order to try and resolve the problem and an agreement on behavioural limits will be agreed with the player and his parents.
- In the event that this agreement is broken the child may, at the sole discretion of the Mini or Youth Chairman, be suspended for a period from two weeks to the balance of the season.
- It is not intended to rely on exclusion as a remedy but the disruption of one individual cannot be allowed to affect the others.
Disciplinary Procedures For Parents
- In the event of inappropriate behaviour by parents (abuse of referees, foul language from the touchline, etc.) the age group team is required to bring this to the attention of the Mini or Youth Chairmen.
- A meeting will be called with the parent(s) in order to identify the problem and seek a commitment that such behaviour shall not be repeated.
- In the event that this inappropriate behaviour is repeated, the parent(s) may, at the sole discretion of the Mini or Youth Chairmen, be banned from the ground for a period from two weeks to the balance of the season.
Disciplinary Procedures For Adult Volunteers
- In the event that that abuse by an Adult Volunteer toward a playing child is disclosed suspected or detected, the coach will be suspended from all contact with children at the rugby club pending the completion of the procedures outlined under the Child Protection Procedures.
- In all cases the club and its members are expected to co-operate fully with any ensuing investigation.
- If it is determined by local authority or police investigation that inappropriate behaviour has taken place, the Adult Volunteer will expelled from the club.
- If it is determined that inappropriate behaviour has not taken place, the coach will be immediately re-instated.
- In all cases, confidentiality will be maintained to the degree possible.