We had a fantastic squad on Saturday and probably should have gotten more out of a game against a well drilled Beaconsfield team who haven’t lost a game in three seasons.
The first half was somewhat frustrating but we had a massively improved second half with some inspirational play and a well taken try from Ash Spencer.
Having over 23 players in the Squad was a wonderful start and it was great to see some old and new faces in the Evergreens team, unfortunately it really took us the first half to gel which if you haven’t played in 5 weeks and you are not training regularly it will certainly take its toll.
Importantly at the start of the season we decided to play against teams that we haven’t previously, ensure that everybody gets a competitive game and we enjoy ourselves, so on that count the game on Saturday was a massive success even if the result wasn’t.
- Bill Miller – Great to see the big fella back and had a great game.
- David Brathwaite – played out of position in the 1st half and a great 2nd half performance
- Nicola Bazzan – Solid both at Scrum half and Full Back
- Mark Cannon – Played out of position but adjusted extremely well.
- Kean Marden – Another who played out of position but got on with the job in hand extremely well.
- Rahim – Man of the Match performance..
- Norman Bloom — Good to see the bloom master back
- Eddie Beck – Solid as always and lead the team magnificently in the 2nd half.
- Greg Holdsworth – Best game yet for the Evergreens
- Jim Cox – Solid in the scrum and around the park all afternoon
- Andy Lewis – 1st game for the Evergreens and made a massive impact
- Peter Braithwaite – an Evergreen star for the future
- John Ronane—solid hits around the fringes with a typical strong JR performance
- Frank Casali – Unlucky to get injured in the 1st half but great to see him on the park for the Evergreens again
- Michael George – Great in the line out and made an impact all day
- Jamie Carling – Great to see Jamie in Ealing colours again, fantastic game for a man who hasn’t played in over a year.
- Mark Rutherford – Solid as always and just gets on with the job
- Andy Cleary – Great kicking game and good to see him on the park with us.
- Ash Spencer – Last minute addition and with a typical strong Ash game and scored the only Ealing try of the game.
- Andy Lee – Great game and made a massive difference when he came on
- Darren (Ash’s mate) – Solid in the scrum all day
Water, Shirts, Subs & Support..
- Dyll , Clarkey, Ricky, Hobbsie
Next Evergreen game against Fullerians 26th November…