So here it is, at long last: the details that a lot of you have been asking for! Read on for information about the Senior Club Tour 2012.
Where are we going and when?
On Friday 24 February 2012 we will be going to Denia in Spain. Denia is a city on the Costa Blanca, approximately halfway between Valencia (to the north) and Alicante (to the south). We will be returning on Monday 27 February.
While we are in Spain, we will be visitors of Denia Rugby Club. These chaps have links to Ealing Trailfinders Rugby Club already, having toured here in Spring 2010 and played matches against the Evergreens and the Exiles.
Do I need to book my own flights?
Yes. Given the difficulties of managing large group bookings with budget airlines, tourists will need to book their own flights. It is suggested and recommended that everyone flies on the flights listed below. This allows us to provide airport transfers both sides economically, subject to sufficient numbers.
However, it is better that you are on tour and travel on different flights than not be on tour at all, so make different arrangements for yourself if needs be.
Which are the recommended flights?
- Outbound flight with easyJet (EZY8659 Fri 24 Feb 2012 Gatwick 06:50 – 10:20 Alicante) currently £30.99
- Inbound flight with easyJet (EZY8660 Mon 27 Feb 2012 Alicante 11:05 – 12:40 Gatwick) currently £28.99
One piece of hold baggage will cost £28.00. Payment by debit card adds £8.00 (add a further £4.95 for credit card, subtract £8.00 for Visa Electron).
Assuming the above, the total cost is currently £95.98.
What should I do next?
- Book your flights – remember, with easyJet, the early bird catches the cheapest worm.
- Mail your flight details and your polo/jersey size to Alex Kruczkowski. This will allow us to arrange transfers and hotel accommodation on your behalf and ensure you get adequately-sized tour stash (to be charged at cost).
- For boring logistical reasons, Barry has requested that a non-refundable accommodation deposit of £50 be levied. Please pay this by cash or cheque to Barry Cousins or Brendan O’Flaherty as soon as you can (but all deposits need to be paid by 30 November 2011).
- Pay for your tour stash when you receive it (February 2012).
Who is eligible for the Senior Club Tour 2012?
The tour is open to playing members of the 1st team, 2nd team, Cougars, Exiles, Evergreens and Jades. Members of Ealing Trailfinders Rugby Club in the coaching and refereeing sections are also welcome, as are non-playing members.
Colts who will be 18 by Friday 24 February 2012 are also eligible (please speak to Jan Hitchcock). Employees of TFSC have also been invited.
What happens once I’ve paid my deposit?
Your e-mail address will be added to a tour discussion e-mail group. Information for tourists will be communicated through this group and you will be free to use the group to discuss the tour and whip yourselves up into a frenzy of anticipation!
What do I do if I have a question about the tour?
Send an e-mail to Alex Kruczkowski or have a chat with Barry Cousins or Brendan O’Flaherty.
Remind me, when should I book my flights and pay my deposit?