Well done all who played in Sunday’s 29-17 win over Esher. Two well matched teams played out a very close game and Esher threatened to take the honours going into the half-time break with a 12-17 lead. Better distribution in the second half, allowed several Ealing players (notably Matthew and Stuart) to show their speed and put us in good field positions. This week a mention for the players that made the hard-yards and put us in try scoring range rather than the try-scorers (especially as I was looking for a lost ball when one was scored) so well done Euan, Calum, JP, Jobe and Fionn whose strong runs got us down inside the five metre line. Great effort from George and Liam to hold-up what looked like a certain Esher try late in the second half.
Wednesday 4th March – Midweek training 18:45 to 20:00.
Sunday 8th March – Away match at Old Merchant Taylors. Meet 09:45 for a 10:45 Kick-off. Please respond to Gerry Poyntz to confirm if you are available. This is a non-selected squad so if you say you are available you will be playing. Meals after so bring number ones please. Let us know if you need a lift to OMT’s ground.
OMTFC Rugby – Old Merchant Taylors’
- When you turn into Merchant Taylors’ School grounds you will see lots of fields and several places to park but don’t be tempted by any of them. Keep driving.
- You’ll come to a fork in the road, take the right fork (it is sign posted OMT clubhouse but people often don’t see it) and follow this road round the right hand edge of the school past a really big car park. There are lots of speed bumps. You will see a lake on the right hand side and building work on the left.
- Keep going until you get to another junction. The clubhouse (modern, lots of wood cladding) and car park is straight in front of you ie don’t turn left. There is plenty of parking.
- When you go into the clubhouse through the double doors, parents can turn left up the stairs to the bar area where they can purchase coffee, tea, bacon sandwiches etc and sit in the warmth. This is where the boys post-match food will be (sausage, beans and chips) and the bar will be open.
- For the changing rooms, go into the clubhouse and turn right. You will be in the changing room at the end of the corridor on the left. You can also use the other entrance door at the far end of the corridor which leads you to the pitches. The water tap is just outside.