- To define and implement commercial strategy for the club.
- To identify and create profit improvement opportunities.
- To champion opportunities to improve the club’s profitability within the Club and to the Executive Committee.
- To take a leadership role in managing and driving commercial/change projects, ensuring they are delivered as required & involvement in long term strategy.
- Analyse club’s financial data and take action to grow revenues, control costs, and ensure appropriate inventory management to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Achieve sales and customer satisfaction standards and goals by maximising the member’s experience and the club revenue.
- Communicate, execute, and manage marketing programs to achieve key initiatives and meet specific monthly and annual sales and profit goals.
- Evaluate current club processes, programs, and systems for continuous improvement and innovation opportunities.
- Conduct regular meetings and communicate business plans.
- Monitor financial controls as directed by Treasurer in order to meet club specific targets.
- Manage club revenue, including cash handling, deposit reconciliation, and delivery of deposits to bank.
- To build and maintain excellent relationships with National and Local businesses.
- To attract further support and investment for the club.
- To identify and manage sponsorship opportunities.
- To develop new branding assets for the club.
- To perform commercial analysis and provide decision support to stakeholders at all levels.
- To protect and develop the club’s brand via suitable PR activities.
- To achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media for the club.
Key skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Strong track record in commercial management preferably in a sports club environment.
- Commercially astute, forward thinker that brings added value to the team, with innovative ideas that could further enhance the club’s commercial opportunities.
- Proven track record in contract negotiation and management.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent numerical skills with demonstrable experience of budget setting and control.
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
Relationships and roles:
- To demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all employees and members of the Executive Committee.
- To build trust, value others and communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to members, collaborate with others, demonstrate high level of integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet the Club’s core values.
Location: Ealing W5
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent